Me and My Golf
Updated 27th May 2018
This privacy notice explains how Me and My Sport Ltd (Me and My Golf) will collect and process your personal data if you are a customer, supplier, use our website or apply for a job to work at Me and My Golf.
We comply with the latest data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Please note that we may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time and will post any changes here.
Me and My Golf provide online coaching plans that “redefine what is possible” with your golf game. In providing these services we process personal data and in doing so, we act as a data controller.
Who to contact regarding your personal data
Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to protecting and safeguarding your data privacy rights. Our Data Protection Manager looks after data protection and would be happy to answer any of your questions about this privacy notice and how Me and My Golf uses your data.
Contact our Data Protection Manager by clicking the envelope message icon in the bottom right of this screen or by writing to Me and My Golf at Phoenix Rd, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 7LR, England.
How we collect and process personal data
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted to do so. The most common uses are where we need to perform a contract between us, where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, or we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We collect the minimal personal data necessary for the provision of the products, services and communications listed below. We endeavor to keep this information accurate and up to date, only use it for the purpose for which it was provided and not keep it longer than is necessary.
There are seven main ways we may process the personal data you provide:
- To administer your account as a customer
(Necessary to perform a contract between us to supply you with products and services)
In order to provide our service effectively and ensure the best possible online coaching experience, your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
- To administer your account and provide the products and services you have requested from us. For example, so you can access your dashboard and coaching plans, get updates on the latest products that are part of your subscription, invoicing, leave product reviews and to keep a record for legal and accounting purposes.
- To inform you by email of service information about Me and My Golf. For example, notification of planned maintenance to the website.
By law, for tax purposes, we have to keep basic information about our customers for six years after they cease being customers. This includes contact, identity, financial and transaction data.
- To send you marketing communications as a customer or prospective customer
(Necessary for our legitimate interests to be able to strengthen our business and continue to offer great golf coaching plans)
We classify you as a customer if you have registered for a free 30 day trial, taken a monthly or yearly subscription, or purchased a product.
We classify you as a prospective customer if you have not yet registered as detailed above but have taken our VIP Guest 5 Videos Course and/or registered your interest in a future product.
We send all of our customer and prospective customers the following marketing communications:
- News and information on Me and My Golf.
- Promotions and the latest related product offers.
- Promotion of products and services through Facebook and Instagram advertising.
We would like our customer and prospective customers to enjoy these communications, so it is important to note that you can opt-out at any time by:
- Clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any marketing communications email.
- If you are a customer you can manage your marketing preferences in your customer dashboard.
- Contact us by clicking the envelope message icon in the bottom right of this screen.
We market to you whilst we have meaningful contact with you, this includes written and verbal communication, and where you click through from our marketing communications. If you are a prospective customer and there has been no meaningful contact for two years we will securely delete your information.
- To manage your entry into Me and My Golf competitions
(Necessary for our legitimate interests to be able to manage your competition entry. If you are not a customer or prospective customer and you provide your consent for marketing it can be withdrawn at any time)
Note that we only process your data for your competition entry unless you have opted-in to receive marketing communications. Your consent can be withdrawn at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any marketing communications email or by contacting us by clicking the envelope message icon in the bottom right of this screen.
- So that you can make an enquiry by phone, email or through our website
(Necessary for our legitimate interests to be able to respond to your enquiry)
- So that you can use our websites.
(Necessary for our legitimate interests to provide a great website experience. Note that you can control and opt-out of certain cookies)
This applies to all users of our website – the general public, customers, prospective customers, suppliers and applicants wanting to work at Me and My Golf. We only ask for and collect the information we genuinely need, which is necessary to be able to provide a great website experience.
Cookies and IP addresses
Me and My Golf uses a third party service to help maintain the security and performance of our website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses (a number assigned to each of your devices connected to the internet by your broadband provider) of visitors to our websites.
- So that you can make an application to work at Me and My Golf
(Necessary for our legitimate interests to review and manage your application)
Me and My Golf will process your personal data if you make an application to work with us. We only ask for and collect the information we genuinely need, which is necessary to be able to recruit the best people to join our team.
We keep all application data for 6 months and then it is destroyed unless you give consent to be added to our talent pool for future roles or you are successful and hired to work with us.
- If you are a supplier
(Necessary to perform a contract between us)
We process your personal data to ensure that contract arrangements between us are properly managed. This ensures that the relationship runs smoothly, and we comply with legal requirements.
By law, for tax purposes, we have to keep basic information about our suppliers for six years after they cease being suppliers. This includes contact, identity, financial and transaction data.
We may collect some sensitive data from you if you apply for a job at Me and My Golf, this can include details of medical conditions and disabilities, if disclosed voluntarily.
For some vacancies, we may also do a financial background check or seek details of any commission or alleged commission of any offence. We will always ask for your explicit consent to do this.
We may also collect sexual orientation, racial or ethnic origin information to ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting. We will require your specific consent to do this and any reporting will be anonymised.
Disclosure of personal data to 3rd parties
Other than to our own service providers, Me and My Golf will not pass on your personal data to any other third parties without your consent unless the law requires us to do so or where there is immediate danger to your health.
We may pass on your personal data to service providers contracted to Me and My Golf in the course of dealing with you. They act as a data processor on our behalf and are obliged under contract to keep your details securely, and only use them to fulfil the services they provide on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they dispose of the information in line with Me and My Golf procedures.
If Me and My Sport Ltd (Me and My Golf) buys or sells any business or assets we may disclose your Information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets.
We do use data processors that provide our subscription system, email provision, marketing consultancy and website development that reside outside the European Economic Area (EEA). This means that the processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside of the EEA.
Our data processors are either EU-US Privacy Shield certified or we have model contract clauses in place that require them to provide similar protection to personal data as it has in Europe under GDPR.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
There are also procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and we will notify you and the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. You can do that by contacting our Data Protection Manager by clicking the envelope message icon in the bottom right of this screen or by writing to Me and My Golf, Phoenix Rd, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 7LR, England.
If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it
- tell you why we are holding it
- tell you who it could be disclosed to
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form
Please note that you will need to provide proof of identity – passport, driving licence or birth certificate.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you may have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Me and My Golf refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
We take the processing of your personal data very seriously and are here to help with any concerns you may have. Please do contact our Data Protection Manager by clicking the envelope message icon in the bottom right of this screen or by writing to Me and My Golf, Phoenix Rd, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 7LR, England.
If you are still not happy with how your personal data is being processed by Me and My Golf or how your complaint has been handled, you also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioners Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling 0303 123 1113.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by the websites you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
How do I change my cookie settings?
You can simply change your cookie settings by visiting our settings page <this links to Cookie settings>. This will allow you to control your settings and opt-out and in of certain cookies.
Also, most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you use the Chrome browser and wish to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Contact us for more information